Theflowersellingboy

Jumaat, 31 Oktober 2014

Why Bahasa Melayu




Why Bahasa Melayu?

I drove  my car in a pump station to top up the nearly empty tank. Only one bar remain as indicated by the barometer. What the heck, yesterday I put in twenty ringgit and today I got to top up some more. Thanks to the additional 20 sen per liter.

"Abang sini bole bayar juga" , ( you can pay here brother), a pump attendant, a Bangladehi told me as I was about to step up to the cashier counter..

"Ya, terima kasih" (Really, thank you). I showed him my five fingers, meaning fifty ringgit please. He fully understood my sign language.

While the filling up was in the process, I took the opportunity to talk to him.

"Sudah lama mari?" ( How long you have been here)?

"Tiga bulan bang" ( Already three months , brother)

"Pandai cakap Melayu"? ( Your Malay are good").
.
"Sikit-sikit saja. Campur itu kawan" ( Just a bit. I mixed around), he smiled.

I gave him my fifty ringgit notes and drove away,

Now why should there, the huha from one end to the other, from parliament house to kopi shops, there are among us Malaysians still talking about our ability or rather inability to communicate and converse in Bahasa Melayu.

How long we have been here as compared to our friend the immigrant pump attendant? Shame.

But do not be mistaken. I do not propose the standard achieved by our friend , the Bangldeshi -'sikit-sikit saja, campur itu kawan'. We are not IMMIGRANT, we are CITIZEN of this beloved country,  Malaysia. We must love our own language, Bahasa Melayu. Show our love by mastering and have a good command of our own language. 

Next: Why English.








  

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan